View Single Post
Old 9th July 2008   #4
Lasher

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 0
Rep: Lasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.orgLasher is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Help me determine the gender of these toads! (Pictures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frognewt View Post
Really? I had heard that it was the opposite way--females had the "longer toe" and males have the higher webbing. On another forum, someone posted a picture citing the male as the toad with more webbing.
That was my understanding also.
I am terrible at sexing from photos, but I'll give this a go(personaly I find overall shape, skin texture and amplex/calling the best indicators of sex);
Males: 8 and 9 definatley, 3 possibly.
Females: 2, 4, 5 and 6. 1, 7 and 10 look likely female to me.

The colouration on Mojo is brilliant, dont think I've ever seen one so brightly coloured all over. I'm fairly sure its a younger female, difficult to tell from the photo but she looks to have quite a plump belly(comparitively speaking, looks skinnier than the others), seems to have very smooth skin and thats a really long back toe. Or it could be a younger male with clown feet.

Great pics, do you have any of their tanks? I keep almost accidently buying some whenever I pass the petshop, wish I had the space
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote