Old 12th August 2018   #22
RG

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 1
Rep: RG has shown reliable knowledge
Default Update 1

A small summary of what has occurred.
16 of the approximately 130 animals in the garage are still alive. A bacterial infection has caused a slaughter on the animals. At first it appeared that it was a fungus. Treatment with salt, however, did not provide any improvement. I also added extra salt to the water tanks to reduce the problem. This had the disadvantage that filtering became worse and the contamination became larger. The contamination stopped when I added Furan to the water. This may have worked, but I am not sure of it. The water tanks in the house also had problems with this bacteria, but much less. Here it has stopped by itself. This contamination halved the number of animals. It is possible that these bacteria eat the meat, after which fungi occur. The animal on the photo has eaten well 8 hours before this picture is taken. (Disease description: starting as white dots on the finger points, then it quickly falls over to the legs and then it comes onto the body).
The chance of infection from animal to animal is probably not high. Because in the beginning I thought it was a fungal infection, I fed all salamanders with affected feet to my Axolotls. The Axolotls did not experience any adverse effects. I consciously did not feed the animal in the picture to the Axolotls, so I could wait for the result and take a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2420.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	54049  
RG is offline   Reply With Quote