View Single Post
Old 9th November 2011   #33
Rodrigo
(Azhael)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Paramesotriton chinensis/hongkonensis hybrids

But Jesper, iīm very concerned about all those other factors too. What iīm saying here (because itīs whatīs on topic) is that hybridisation is ONE of the things that donīt contribute at all to the future of caudate species in captivity. I donīt necessarily think itīs the most important factor, but itīs certainly one of the big concerns.

Just because people donīt apply any possitive selection, or abuse inbreeding, it doesnīt mean that going around hybridating species is acceptable or good. We should be taking into account all those factors to the best of our possibilities, not just continue to ignore them as if such things donīt matter.

"To me it would seem that having an animal fit to survive is better than a pure bloodline, it is rarely the same thing. " Well, certainly if you are thinking of bloodlines as in breeds xD Those are no good....I would prefer to see fit animals that are coherent with wild populations, though, that would be my ideal. Iīm greedy :P

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote