View Single Post
Old 24th November 2011   #21
Johnny O. Farnen
(SludgeMunkey)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11
Default Re: Do you have access to a herp vet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molch View Post
lol, noted

But you said it yourself: you live in a large city, surrounded by civilization. I tell ya, if you ever get to meet our average bush vet, you'd despair too. The only one within 500 miles works out of a tiny dilapidated shack with no running water, and he has neither the interest nor the expertise to research treatment on anything other than dogs. If I went to him with a newt problem, he'd say "Why don't you research it yourself and then tell me what you need". That's how it's done here - It's a third-world country.
That's how it is done here too. However, i bet we are closer to third world than ya'll up there.

Good news is, I have yet to need an actual prescription. On the two occasions I needed an injection of antibiotics for injured rescues, our vet had them in stock. I had to show him the proper injection sites, but it all worked out.
SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote