Thread: Hynobius dunni

View Single Post
Old 11th June 2017   #22
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Hynobius dunni

I thought I had lost a lot of these through them predating on one another. I would gaze at the bottom of the tank trying to spot them. Night time I would go out with a torch and spot a few as they appear lighter in the dark..... then while picking out some fallen leaves from the surface I found them :) They seem to like lurking near the surface, and there are far more than I thought.
This week I started to think about what i would do when they morph. I was checking out the tub that my adults used and remembered how they would jump and wriggle. There is no way I would be able to fish them out of their current outdoor tank. So I am now starting to scoop out the larger larvae to come into a morphing tub. These are now happily munching small cut earthworms. :) I have no idea how much longer it will take, they are are starting to take on the more greyish colour of juveniles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_123642.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	50780   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_123732.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	50781  
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote