View Single Post
Old 28th November 2014   #5
Rodrigo
(Azhael)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Captive Breeding of Tylototriton in the U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadog View Post
I often wonder how many species would have a long term future in the hobby if the imports of WC stuff were suddenly stopped.
Me too, and i've heard it used as an excuse to continue promoting the WC market, which is simply missing the point entirely.
The key word is certainly the one JM used, management. Captive populations should and could be managed much better. Done properly, through colaboration among hobbyists and applying a bit of sense, steps could be taken to try and secure the future of a large variety of caudate populations in captivity.
Unfortunately that's currently a tiny fraction of the total volume of breeding that occurs, which is not doing captive populations any favours.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote