View Single Post
Old 18th February 2009   #11
findi
Herpetologist & Author

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Book Review: Newt and Salamanders: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual (Indiviglio)

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your notes.

I've thought about self-publishing but do not really have enough information. Also, as writing and consulting are my primary means of support, I need to be practical (I'm also locked into the revision via my original contract with the publisher!).

I've always tended towards the unstudied and under-appreciated, in creatures ranging from inverts to mammals (when working with mammals at the Bronx Zoo, I focused on bats, mustelids and rodents) and would write solely about such if able...but, unfortunately, I usually need to go with what publisher's want. I have a great deal of leeway on my blogs at www.thatpetplace.com and so can use that as an outlet for my interests at times.

Some time ago I wrote The Everything Aquarium Aquarium Book. The publisher, Adam's Media, let me include leeches, some amphibians, frog-mouthed catfishes, aquatic insects, spider crabs and other favorites, but that was highly unusual.

Perhaps I'll tap some of you for self-publishing advice in the future, if you don't mind.

Again, thanks for the warm reception,

Best, Frank Indiviglio
findi is offline   Reply With Quote