View Single Post
Old 17th April 2008   #5
Abrahm
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11
Thumbs up

This was the first herp book I ever owned. After I met my girlfriend and learned that people keep amphibians (she had White's tree frogs) I went out to buy a guide. This was the book I stumbled upon at the local pet shop on my lunch break. I loved it.

The cover is a gorgeous picture of Pseudotriton ruber and there are tons of other nice pictures inside. The begining includes all the basics and there are desciptions and examples of different enclosure types. Food is documented in extensive detail and there is a nice overview of diseases. Species accounts and care information for a bunch of caudates make up the back of this book and made this neophyte caudataphile drool in anticipation. Throw in a couple of hilarious stories by the author and his excellent tone that seems to let you know he trusts you to do well with your new amphibian friends and you have a success.

After reading this book I was prepared to go out and buy my first animal. I'd recommend this book to anyone. It is a handy pocket guide to salamander keeping chock full of information. Plus you can get it for under $15 US.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | Dawn's Blog
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote