The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. Triturus and its relatives (Ichthyosaura/Mesotriton, Lissotriton, and Ommatotriton) are a diverse and widespread group of newts. While mainly European, several species can be found in the Near and Middle East. Euproctus, the brook newts, are confined to Corsica and Sardinia.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th May 2017   #1
Jensino

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jensino has started on the right path
Default Triturus dobrogicus

Hello,

recently I got four captive bred Triturus dobrogicus with origins from Romania (Lake Razim). They are juveniles and their red bellies remind me of Cynops orientalis. I canŽt wait to see the males develop their courtship display, but this will take some time, since they are still very tiny with a length of approx. 5 to 6 cm.
I keep them in an aqua-terrarium with the dimensions 80x35x40 cm (L x W x H). They like to hide under the Egeria densa and between cushions of Lomariopsis lineata.
IŽll keep you updated about their development. Any advice is welcome.

Best regards,

Jens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Triturus dobrogicus.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	50522  

Jensino is online now   Reply With Quote