Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Should I be worried?

rosebloom63

Reaction score
Next in my list of challenges with Afish....
I have his tank levels under control, but I had some stubborn ammonia. I gave him two days to hide and refuse food, but once he started coming out, it was time to eat. He is eating red wrigglers daily now, and he will eat, but I have to convince him. Instead of his normal enthusiasm, he stares at it for a long time and will suddenly open his mouth and take it, like he doesn't know what to do with it anymore. Any advice? Also, all of his tank levels are normal, but I can't get his water to clear, no matter how many water changes I do!

DSaxolotl

Reaction score
Hello,

Having "stubborn" ammonia means your filter is not cycle or can not handle the waste load your tank is creating.

What are your levels like exactly? Are you sure your tank is cycled?
PH
Ammonia
Nitrates
Nitrites
Temperature

Another thing that to me indicates that maybe your filter is not catching up with the waste is your water clarity. Can you post a picture of it? Is your water cloudy/milk or green?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!