Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newt Research Project

redwoodtree

Reaction score
I am doing a research project for my AP Biology class, and I was thinking of doing something newt related (don't worry; I'm not going to cut them apart ;)). Have you guys noticed any interesting behaviors (perhaps something related to eggs?)? Any help would be much appreciated. I just have to come up with a legit behavior that I can test. Thanks!

AdvythAF

Reaction score
I do't have any extremely bright ideas on what you can test, but it sounds like a great idea! You should come up with an experimental design quickly however, if you want to get the most possible samples. Right now is the best time because newts are in massive breeding congregations; you can find them easily at the right places.

mr cyclone

Reaction score
How about potential aggression between sizes or sexes of newts in the terrarium ? Or recognising such behaviours ?
I mention this as I've noticed that female tylototriton seem to be very aggressive towards males and smaller females

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!