Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Taricha Torosa

juliesr

Reaction score
A couple pictures of my Taricha torosa. They are such beautiful newts!

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 582

albear28

Reaction score
Searching for any breeders or stores that may have any rough skinned newts to purchase....Love these guys but each time I find a location they say they are out of stock?

otolith

Reaction score
Searching for any breeders or stores that may have any rough skinned newts to purchase....Love these guys but each time I find a location they say they are out of stock?

T. torosa and T. granulosa were both commonly collected during the breeding season for many years and sold wholesale for hardly anything. The websites you found probably just have them listed and never removed them. T. torosa has been illegal to collect in CA for 5 or so years. T. granulosa is still legal to collect (up to 4 in most states) in most of its range with a fishing license. Captive breeding is still pretty rare but they are sometimes available.

I am raising some T. torosa larvae now and may have a handful of terrestrial morphs available in the fall.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!