Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help

Mimma

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new member and first time owner of a baby axie. I have had this baby for just over a month. The last few weeks I have noticed it never uses its back legs which are always pulled back and tucked in. There is also a curved shape toward end of its body. It eats and poos fine but struggles to balance. Looked fine and not deformed when I first got it as a tiny baby. Lady I got it from says it looks impacted as had it on sand in a tank. I have now removed it from tank and placed in a tub. What are your opinions and advice? Many thanks ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_140027.jpg
    IMG_20190504_140027.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20190504_135611.jpg
    IMG_20190504_135611.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 354

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It does look a bit like he has some deformity of the spine. It'll be just 'see how it goes' for him. He may survive, he might not. He may have other internal deformities we can't see. If he continues to eat and poop, he's doing OK. He wouldn't survive in the wild, but he may do fine in captivity. Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!