Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ghost shrimp keep dieing off

S

stipe

Ok i started with 10 ghost shrimp in my 250l tank and one by one they just started to die off. I dont think they faught over hiding places as there was no signs of struggle. I just find them in a curled up position on the floor and they turn pink/white ( which is natural i think). I do care that they're dieing as i heard this has somthing to do with my water, but i also have 20-30 guppies in there and they are going great, even started mating and ontop of that i have 2 mystery snails and 30 little babies, so i msut be doing something right. My axolotl doesnt mind, i just feed him the dead shrimp, but im starting to wonder why they die. Only the big ones are left alive. The water quality is great the only thing is that nitrite is at 0.25, but i dont think thats a problem. I also feed my shrimp axolotl pellets. I drop them from the top, they scurry along and start grazing them. ome one help please.

E

edward

Invertebrates like shrimp are typically very sensitive to nitrite.

Ed

K

kieron

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Edward Kowalski wrote on Friday, 27 January, 2006 - 15:06 :</font>

"Invertebrates like shrimp are typically very sensitive to nitrite. "<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

like edward said just try to get it down some more well thats what i rember
wink.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!