Who did I find?:)

emmyk

Reaction score
Country
United States
e8ene9eg.jpg
zy8ubymy.jpg

He/she is a cutie! Found em in my backyard, I used to find the little pacific tree frogs in my yard, but he's big!
a8u3u2av.jpg

Got a bright green head. I was thinking green frog but the tympanum lines are wrong. Hmm. Any ideas??

@sde herps in my area, maybe he will have an idea?

It's a bullfrog. They're now somewhat common in western WA, at least in places. Green frogs are more common around Vancouver BC, and have long dorsolateral ridges which the bullfrogs lack.

Its a female bullfrog.

Extremely invasive, killing off the Oregon spotted frog from Oregon and Washington. I used to actually like this species, heh, not anymore. Once I found out how destructive they really are.
Anyway, its probably traveling from some nearby pond, they do that sometimes to look for new ponds to settle in. -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back