Before you judge, my axies love it!

I have
- Wooper, the white male axolotl.
- Fizz, the female wild axolotl.
- Bruce, the friendly sturgeon.

They live together so well.
See if you can find them all.

Click here to see my setup

They have plenty of room to hide, and they love hunting mosquito larvae and other instects in the water.
I feed my sturgeun with normal sturgeon pellets, but the axolotls love those as well.
So they all share their food and they are happy.

As a filter, i use the PondoClear 4000 + UVC set.

I know it's not your usual tank set-up, but i love seeing them have so much space so walk/swim around.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back