The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Dendrobatids: Poison Arrow/Dart Frogs The place to discuss Dendrobatids.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd March 2009   #1
Oakivy
(Oakivy)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Oakivy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dart Frogs

Hi
I'm new to the site and I have a sexed pair of dyeing dart frogs. I've had them for about a year and find that I really really enjoy them more & more. They've never laid eggs and seem "happy" together so maybe one day...
I've read up on dart frogs & know to provide mating spots and they have several, I also know that I could add another male & that would probably do the trick. But I worry with feeding them all. I struggle the most with keeping my fruit flies generating - they always dry out on me! I spritz them w/distilled water & it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have any suggestions for what temperature or conditions that will help keep my fly cultures from drying out?
I've also fed them phoenix worms but shipping is soooooooooo costly I try to stick with flies. Any other food suggestions?
I've attached a couple of photos (hopefully I did it right). I don't like my tank background & plan to change the background and side walls to the cocobark sheets soon.
See ya~
OakIvy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000154a.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	5612  

Oakivy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dart, frogs