Something wrong with her feet?

biotech1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, i got my first axolotl 2 weeks ago and everything has been going well. However, i have noticed that when ever she is having around on the sand she has 1 or 2 of her feet lifted up and she tends to lay in her feed bowl off the sand. Is there something wrong? I used super naturals fine grain sand. Or is this normal?

I haven't noticed if my axies keep any feet lifted up, I will try and watch for it and let you know. Downside, they're probably going to assume that I'm there to feed them even I'm not, so they will be excited for nothing, I hope you're happy.

In all seriousness, it would be helpful to be able to see her body language while she's doing it...are her gills curled forward, is her tail curling, that sort of thing. I find personally, and I can really only speak in reference to the three axolotls that are in the room with me now, that body language can help to spot the difference between an axolotl that there is something wrong with and an axolotl that is being weird for no particular reason.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back