"Oh gawd! Not another one!"

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Dinky!
I picked up my new baby, I'm in love...it truly was meant to be! I've established she is in fact, a little lady which is nice as most of my beasties are smelly boys :D I've named her Arkham....after Arkham City...from Batman...because I'm freaky geeky!

neekalovesyou-albums-arkham-picture25306-whee.jpg

Whee!

Pretty soon they're going to be calling you the crazy axie lady!

A lot of people already do! :eek:

Aww, cute axie, I love her colors! :) How many do you have now?

Thank you, her coloring is so striking! When I saw her I just couldn't take my eyes off her...or say no! I currently have 9 axolotls :happy: 2 juveniles, 5 sub adults and 2 fully grown. I rehomed most of them - I didn't plan on ending up with so many!

Thank you, her coloring is so striking! When I saw her I just couldn't take my eyes off her...or say no! I currently have 9 axolotls :happy: 2 juveniles, 5 sub adults and 2 fully grown. I rehomed most of them - I didn't plan on ending up with so many!

I know how that is. I really wanted one, now I have 17.

I know how that is. I really wanted one, now I have 17.

It's madness! I'd have more but I'm just snowed under with tanks! I've got newts, salamanders and a soft shelled turtle occupying my other tanks. Once you start, you can't stop!

So pretty! :D

My roommates call me the axolotl hoarder XD. I have my adult and two juveniles that were the only survivors from a batch of 40 eggs I received...Can't imagine what they'd say if I had 9 or 17 like you guys :D

It's madness! I'd have more but I'm just snowed under with tanks! I've got newts, salamanders and a soft shelled turtle occupying my other tanks. Once you start, you can't stop!

Yep. I also have 2 dogs, a snapping turtle, a chinese water dragon, a bearded dragon, mice (pets not feeders), 2 res turtles, & a big fish named specks. All in a 1 bedroom condo. I am also considering taking a sawzall to my couch to make room for more tanks. Dianna is unaware of our couch's likely dumpster destiny, so shhhh.:uhoh:

My friends have been starting to call me a pokemon trainer. Gotta catch 'em all!

You know what? I'm an axie addict as well. How they all fit in my small room is a miracle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back