Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Show ya Ya Tatts Thread

VolatileXIII

Reaction score
I'm at around 10 so far, I'll have to look around for pics but they are:

Tribal sun = Upper left arm.
Tribal trident = Back of upper left arm.
"Volatile" text = Inside upper left arm.
"XIII" roman numerals = Left wrist.

Tribal cross with wings & halo = Upper right arm.
"Heaven" (one character) in Japanese = Inside upper right arm.

"Amazing Grace" (four characters) in Japanese = Vertically down right calf.

"Fire" (one character) in Japanese = Middle, top of my back.

"Oderint Dum Metuant" text = Under naval, across stomach, hip to hip.
"Honor" (one character) in Japanese inside of a scroll = Right ribs.

iSuzie

Reaction score
Okay so Justin linked me this thread, and I love tattoo's!
Im currently 21 years old and have 3 tat's and I want more!!
I got my first tattoo when I was 16, my scorpion on my lower front right hip {no im not a Scorpio} I love scorpions and always have.. lol

The second and third tat's I have are very simple and mean the most to me, R is for Ryan my 4 and a half year old son, and M is for Maddison my 2 year old daughter :D

Im currently pregnant and plan on getting a T For my next baby who is going to be named Tyler as soon as he is born.. The question now is.. Where?? :D

P.s .. The first one I got was 5 years ago and i have gone through pregnancy twice! It has some nice stretch marks right through it hahaha but its a survivor!

Attachments

• My phone pix0010.jpg
    My phone pix0010.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 338
  • My phone pix0011.jpg
    My phone pix0011.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 260
  • ......my tat..jpg
    ......my tat..jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCN0453.jpg
    DSCN0453.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 272

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Got another tattoo over the weekend.

Attachments

• tattoo2.jpg
    tattoo2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 338
  • tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 402

Molch

Reaction score
bwuaaahaaa! -
honestly now, how many of you got hepatits? :D

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll bet no one (from tats, at least). The US is pretty good about regulating tattoo parlors and the artists I've met take a pride in their work and facilities being clean.

Molch

Reaction score
good to know lol.

I once saw the inside of a tat parlor in Germany and the guy had a long greasy beard down to here, wore two different socks and no shoes and had food stains down the front of his shirt. Plus, the whites of his eyes were dark yellow (maybe it was the light).

I pulled my friend outta there by her sleeve and then explained to her that she does NOT want to get stuck with any needle by THAT guy...

scooty16

Reaction score
I don't have a tattoo, so I'll just show you my partners tattoo on his neck:

9i47s7.jpg

He has another on his wrist and stomach. When I first started to date him I was like 'oh my goodness, you are soo hot, with your tattoo on your neecck' :eek: Not that I don't think his hot anymore, it's just that I take no notice of the tattoo now :lol:

I plan to get one on my leg some day, of Earthworm Jim. Anyone remember that awesome retro sega mega drive game? or sega genesis as it was known in some places.:wacko:

Last edited:

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
No updates lately? Here's my newest one!

It's a Pazyryk elk with a griffon head on my shoulder. I will probably turn this one into a half sleeve of Pazyryk designs.

Attachments

• 374134_10102631663342384_1867034034_n.jpg
    374134_10102631663342384_1867034034_n.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 267

aaustin15

Reaction score
i think i would get in trouble if i posted a pic of my tattoo... hahahahaha. its not in the most appropriate area XD

firedreams

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Here's my "inked homage" to caudates (placement: back of left shoulder):

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 269

emmyk

Reaction score
I really want an Axolotl on my foot or my left hip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LittleFrog

Reaction score
Some nice tattoos here! :)

I have two, got my first one 13 years ago, but don't have any pictures of it. It's just a small silhouette of a hammerhead shark, and I'm actually planning to have it covered over with a much larger and attractive underwater scene with sharks swimming over a coral reef, and a scuba diving tree frog in the foreground, lol. Just waiting until I have the money!

I got my second one two weeks ago, and I DO have a picture of that one! I got it as a tribute to my cat who passed away almost two months ago (will be two months on Aug. 8). Her name was Astra, which is Latin for "Star", so I got the silhouette of a cat sitting in a moon in the night sky, staring up at a large star. It's on the inside of my right wrist, where I can see it whenever I want. :) I plan to get a tattoo for my Pug, Kuma on my left wrist in the future. Here is Astra's tattoo:

photo_zps273a37d1.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1