Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl acting odd

AxieTails

Reaction score
I know tend to post about every little change, i just want to be safe if something is wrong.
My axie has been a bit sluggish and slow lately (past three days) . It is winter here and shes in a cold room, but she seems to be acting even slower lately. And earlier when i moved her into a small container, she leaned to one side for a bit. Ive seen leaning associated with sickness, so that worries me. She also seems to be just sitting in the corner that the filter is in. Her gills do seem a bit curled, but not drastically.

Josephine

Reaction score
Hi,
Would you please tell me the current temperature of your tank? i don't think you need to worry too much about you axolotl. I have had axies for a very long time, and mine sometimes show the same behavior. Could you post a picture of your axie or explain the way she leans? I assume you already checked if she seemed pale or water parameters on your tank, so i would advise you to watch her at night, while lights are off. If she moves more at night, it is just probably stress.
Anyways, the best way of knowing is she is sick is to observe her eating habits. Most of the times, axolotls won´t eat is they are sick.
Hope i could help you a little! :talker:
Josephine

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!