Triturus cristatus

C

christopher

Hi i should be receiving my first batch of eggs for this species shortly. apparently no paperwork is necessary however i would like some sort of proof that they are captive bred. as far as i'm aware no certificate comes with the eggs so how could i go about doing this?

Chris

Well, I don't know all the laws in different countries very well, but I know that T. cristatus is strictly protected.

So the one giving you eggs should write down that they have been captive bred with his full name and adres, perhaps even a copy of his passport just to be sure. If you get them from someone within the EU he or she, should also be able to show that the adult animals have been legally obtained, if not, I would not take them and this person is doing illegal business. This in fact is also the case for all other Crested newts cases.

hi Serqe..the man Chris is getting them off is a registered breeder so he should have no problems obtaining proof..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back