Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie Eggs- Bubbler?

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
No. Just keep the water fresh and clean. I usually keep mine in shallow tupperware containers and change the water every few days with fresh adult tank water.

Velaria

Reaction score
But is it BETTER to use an air stone?

And is it better to give them a 100% water change every day with dechlorinated tap water, or is it better to give them water changes every day with cycled water from the adult tank?

OR, is it better to just keep them in some kind of breeding net in the adult tank?

I just found new eggs in my tank a couple of hours ago, and I'm not sure what to do!!

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Unless you are sure you can care for a bunch of baby axies, dispose of them. You don't need an air stone or bubbler, and you can use either water from the tank OR dechlorinated tap water, but you don't have to do a 100% change on a daily basis, every couple of days is good.

melfly

Reaction score
I dont think there is any need for a bubbler.
The size of the tubs i keep my larvae in would have them being thrown around with a bubbler in too.

I would say 75-100% per cent water change per day, the babies will be in a small volume of water and ammonia will build up.

If you leave them longer than this you are putting them at risk.

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!