Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tropical house for my Red eyed tree frogs

Aminart

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am relatively new posting here despite always lurking around and an avid forum reader where I get many brilliant information and advice too.

I am in the process of preparing my greenhouse to house some amphibians and let them roam free. At the moment primarily interested in releasing my 5 red eyed tree frogs. So I am looking for any tips and advice from you all the more experienced ones.
I come from a lepidoptera background so in the beginning my GH was built with exotic butterflies and moths in mind which I have reared successfully and still do to some extent, but now am very keen on amphibians.
My GH is 20" X 8" and its fully climate controlled, for both Winter and Summer. I have built and installed a system that I maintain temperature and humidity range to any specification required to a very narrow margin of just 2C.
I would love to hear advice on what and how to plant the borders water ponds or features, plants and especially floor as I have gravel in the middle at the moment with borders with mature tropical plants around. Some photos included for a better idea.
Please feel free to ask me any question if you have and I will be very appreciated for all your help and advice.
I am a professional photographer by the way with background in Science and I work very closely with university lecturers researchers and biologists hence also my GH has been built around making it also photography friendly with good lighting in mind. I run photography workshops in my GH so you will some attendees practising their photography skills in some of the photos. Just thought I would explain .
Many thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!