Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sydney Axolotl Rescue and Rehome Program

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am starting up an axolotl rescue and re-home program for sydneysiders.

Whatever the circumstance, if you cannot keep your axie any more, i am happy to temporarily house and nurse it to a condition suitable for rehoming. There is no charge or fee involved.

Please contact me via email or private message if you have an axie you wish to put up for adoption or if you wish to adopt an axie. There will be a screening process for potential axie guardians.

Cheers.

ianclick

Reaction score
Hey Rayson,

Can you please move to New Zealand? or at least have the decency to clone yourself and send one here.

coichards

Reaction score
That's a nice thing you're doing, it's a bit like RSPCA work, lol.

Seriously though, the amount of people I have come across that don't look after their axies properly, even if you tell them what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vidofner

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by this charade! He's planing on building an axolotl army. Mutaded Axolotls with lasers in the gills. He must be stoped or Australia will soon be a super power.

But in all seriousness... Good initiative man!:ufo:

Jaeger

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Whatever the circumstance, if you cannot keep your axie any more, i am happy to temporarily house and nurse it to a condition suitable for rehoming. There is no charge or fee involved.

Please contact me via email or private message if you have an axie you wish to put up for adoption or if you wish to adopt an axie. There will be a screening process for potential axie guardians.

Cheers.
Hi are you still rehoming? Mine keeps getting sick, ive been taking care of him salt baths tea baths tubbing indian almond leaves ive tried everything and he gets better for 2 days and goes back im in sydney, please let me know if you can take him

Shezza

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Cheers.

Shezza

Reaction score
Hi. I know this was posted a while ago but I am looking for someone to take on my little guy. He is poorly and I have a family issue that requires me to go abroad shortly and I have noone to take over his care. The guilt is overwhelming. I really need someone experienced and am hoping you (or another kind soul) would be willing to care for him and adopt him permanently. Please let me know if you are willing and able. We live in the southern suburbs of Sydney. Ta, Sheree

Hunter_Axolotls

Reaction score
Hi. I know this was posted a while ago but I am looking for someone to take on my little guy. He is poorly and I have a family issue that requires me to go abroad shortly and I have noone to take over his care. The guilt is overwhelming. I really need someone experienced and am hoping you (or another kind soul) would be willing to care for him and adopt him permanently. Please let me know if you are willing and able. We live in the southern suburbs of Sydney. Ta, Sheree
hi sheree, i live around maitland and am more than willing to take in a rescue. please message me on instagram or Facebook :)

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1