file_2831.jpg

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 3

file_2832.jpg

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 4

file_2833.jpg

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 5

file_2834.jpg

Wow, Jorge - those are lovely.

Going by Mark's International Date Line statement, there's only 5 hours left folks - it's 7pm on the date line as I type this - that's 2 am Eastern US Time and 7 am British time. I haven't a four X what it is in Australia though.

By my reckoning the calendar competition is now officially closed. Any remaining submissions will be processed by myself this evening, GMT.

What happens next?

Over the next couple of days a judging thread will be created in the donor area of the forum and a judging panel will be chosen. The site moderators by default will all vote but as our numbers are few we usually recruit members from the forum to help. We aim to get around 20 judges.

How does it work?

It's very simple. Each judge chooses the 13 images they wish to appear on the calendar and the images with the most votes will be the winners. If the first round of voting does not result in 13 clear winners a second round of voting will be conducted on the images which drew joint 13th place.

The winners will then be announced!

May I take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated this year. We've had a record number of entries and the quality has been very high, judging will be extremely difficult.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Everyone cross your fingers that yours will be selected!;)

Hey Mark, I am noticing my last 2 submissions weren't added to the thread, did I do something wrong other than waiting for the last day to submit them? I received an automated caudata.org email that said I was white listed and one that made me reply to confirm I wasn't a spam bot but nothing else?

Mark is only human - he is not an instant action machine, so please give him a day or so to get everything sorted out.

certainly understand that, and that he was probably bombarded with last minute submissions, sorry to come off as an annoyance. He was just so prompt with my previous submissions. no worries they probably aren't good enough anyways.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back