Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Rescued axies NO gills left

zoezakella

Reaction score
Go Miney Mo, excellent news Mel!!! What did he eat?? So guessing you will be keeping this one then xx

melfly

Reaction score
He ate some grindle worm and brine shrimp. I thought I'd start out small and live. I'll give him some bloodworm later.

I didn't plan on keeping him but.........

Mel
xx

zoezakella

Reaction score
Oh thats great good for Miney Mo :D Ha ha thought you may, again wish I was closer would happily nurse him back to health. Can he live with Dogga or was that a diff batch?

melfly

Reaction score
He's about 4-5 weeks younger than Dogga. And Dogga is about 5 times as big as him (he's a beast!)
I'm gonna have to have a think about who lives where.
This lot of larvae will have to be my last, I cant keep keeping my favourites lol.

Mel
xx

zoezakella

Reaction score
doh back to the drawing board then!!! how many do u have then?? I think if mine mate I will do one lot of babies but no more after that we do not have the space, well unless one of the kids goes ;) x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1