Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Weird fire bellied toad behavoirs

H

Helena

I have three fire belied toads and I have had them for a while now.

When I first purchased my fire bellied toads, they were all pretty bright green.

Some times I notice that they change colour in their tank, getting a little darker green. Is this normal? I also notice that my fire bellies always make high pitched noises and one frog will be on top of the other frog, and the frog on top will hold on tight and wrap it forearms on the bottom frog. It looks like it is hurting the other frog? what is this? is this mating?

-Helena

Last edited:
H

Helena

They have been doing this for some year now and there is still no eggs turning up And the female is a little fat but doesn't look like shes fat with eggs. and I dont think that the frogs could be eating them becuase I whatch them constantly and i never see them get layed in the first place. Is there anything that im doing wrong that is preventing them from laying their eggs? I dont even know how to tell the difference between male and female.

And also I am trying to breed these guys and I have three of them and they are fully grown I think and they are in a 10 gallon tank. I don't think is big enough. They mate all the time, but no matter how long I wait, there are never eggs. :-(

-Help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!