Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Tank theme, coloring/camouflage?

Marimonk

Reaction score
So aquarium designing is one of my favorite things, and I've decided that for my first axolotl I want to have a pastel goth tank set up. The sand will be white and a majority of the decorations white, pink, and other light shades. Because of this, should I only get a leucistic axolotl so that they can feel more comfortable blending in with their surroundings? Would it freak out a melanoid or wild type axie? I'm afraid of stressing them out. Thank you guys in advance for your input!

Also! Would it be safe to put geodes in the tank if they were thoroughly cleaned or would they be too risky if they're rough?

aliya23kk

Reaction score
It wouldn't freak them out. Only thing is with the light sand their colors could get lighter. So if you plan on getting a Melanoid just hope you don't mind him being a little bit lighter than when you got him.

Marimonk

Reaction score
Okay, that's great! I was really scared of stressing them and making them feel uncomfortable in their environment. I don't mind if they get lighter though :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!