Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help! Sick axolotl, what to do?

veerpeer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
one of my white axolotls is sick. Last week I noticed that he became very very skinny and he refused to eat. Also he didn't swim anymore but just floated at the surface of the water and doesn't react when I touch him. After some searching on the internet, I put him in the fridge for three days. After those three days I tried to feed him some worms, which he refused to eat again.

He hasn't been eating for more then a week now and he's skinnier than ever. I change the water he's in atm every day, but he doesn't seem to recover. Help, I don't want him to die. What do I need to do??!!

Sorry for the bad english.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I"m sorry no one has answered. I never kept axies myself, but when I had a newt not eating I would put it in a small container with a lot lf blackworms and see if I could tempt him. Only leave him in there about ten minutes or so and then put him back in his tank.

EggAndSausage

Reaction score
Hello, I have kept 2 axie for several months and faced a ton of problems too. Fringing should not be your number one choice for treating sick axies. Check you water levels because that could be a problem.Also, it could be something wrong with the temp which should be 63-73F. If you have any other questions, call Seirra Aquatics because they have a lot of info about axies, Their number is(775)-825-4215. Hope this helps you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!