Looking for axolotls

Deedee

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everybody!!

So a bit of back story

When I was young I went to the aquarium and saw a lotl for the first time I was amazed and was hooked on not only axolotls but aquarium keeping period I’ve kept a variety of fish some temperamental and others not so much building up my confidence in the hobby before I took the plung and now I’m ready for my long awaited alxotols buttttt....

I live in Ottawa Ontario,a city over run with government buildings and all that stuff which means there isn’t a place close enough to just buy one and the only one I feel like I can trust is just about run down (which of course is sad) soo now I’m in search of a breeder either located in Canada or comfortable shipping to Canada I figure now would be the best time because it’s cold out (this afternoon got down to -32) I want a melonoid and a white albino preferably one male and one female doesn’t mater which is which and am willing to spend a maximum of $80 before shipping,if need be

Thank you ?

Forgot to mention I want to get them as young as possible but can be moved and/or shipped safely

I can not supply an axolotl, but you can look in to a repticon near your area. That is where I got my first axie. Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back