Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Escaped earthworms- Hiding in my marimo

Poodlay

Reaction score
Howdy everybody.

I left town about a week ago for a weeklong vacation and had somebody taking care of my little dude. He tried to feed him worms but didn't know that he was supposed to remove them if he didn't see him eat it.

My problem is that I've got at least one still living earthworm living inside one of my marimo moss balls. I see it's tail/head poking out every so often but if I jostle the ball it wiggles back inside the ball to hide. I have no idea how the worm has survived this long but I want it out! It'll just die and rot or eat my marimo from the inside.

What would be the best method of removing the worm?

I've had the marimo for years even before I owned an axolotl so ripping it apart to get at the worm is out of the question.

I live on Oahu in Hawaii so my tap water isn't chlorinated enough to irritate the worm into evacuating his new home either and using clorox would kill the marimo AND the worm.

Arrrghhhhasdfjasdfaksdfasdf
-Poodlay

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Hm I wonder if putting the ball in some hot water would urge the worm out?

strawberrie

Reaction score
If you haven't solved this yet, giving the marimo a quick soak in a mixture of warm water and hydrogen peroxide might help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!