The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Art Evren
(ArtEvren)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ArtEvren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Red Mass in Axie's tank

I found a red mass in my axie's tank this morning. It's hard and doesn't look like anything I've been feeding her.

Background info, Mudkip has no eyes so I've been handfeeding her trout worms. She gets one worm every other day, the worms are cut in half and I heatshock them because she gets scared otherwise. She didn't eat yesterday at all (just chewed one for two seconds and spit it out) or the time before that, but the one before that (5 days ago) she ate half a worm. She's in a 10 gallon tank and the temperature has been up because of the heat wave at around 75 for the past couple days but today and yesterday has been at 70. Also, I thought she wasn't eating because she needed to poop but she hasn't eaten even after pooping.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	kip.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	53705

ArtEvren is offline   Reply With Quote