The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
DiannaDan

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: DiannaDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hood vs Screen Cover?

What kind of hood/screen cover will work with a Marineland filter and 2 fans that are hanging over the back side of the tank? the hood I bought had a cut-out in the back but is solid and was retaining heat. The screen I bought has no cut-out to accommodate the filter and fans. I'm stuck!
Please advise!

DiannaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Leah
(Hoagii)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hoagii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hood vs Screen Cover?

I bought a screen lid designed for a reptile terrarium and cut out the shape of my filter.

If you don't have a drill or any way to cut through the thick sides of the screen, I recommend getting some rodent fence and making your own lid. I've done this for a long time, and it actually works really well. It's tough enough to support cooling fans on top. Not as aesthetically pleasing, but functional and easy. You just need some wire cutters.

Hoagii is offline   Reply With Quote