Help pale axolotl, and not eating.

GageOtic

Reaction score
Country
United States
My axolotl hasn't ate in what seems like 2 weeks. water quality is fine. this is my third post about this so im trying to skip some questions that have already been asked. His gills have turned a pale white and he is floating a lot. he has these weird cobweb like things on his tail. they don't look fussy and won't rub off. he is in a tea bath at the moment with salt baths once a day. he doesn't seem overly skinny for not eating. I'm scared for him and want help.

Attachments

• IMG_2228.jpg
    IMG_2228.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG-2149.JPG
    IMG-2149.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG-2146.jpg
    IMG-2146.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 251
Hi, do you check your general hardness? Lotls need hard water and if the water is too soft it can leave them open to illnesses.

Hi, do you check your general hardness? Lotls need hard water and if the water is too soft it can leave them open to illnesses.

I check with a water test kit. I'm sorry to say that he passed away last night. I feel terrible that I couldn't help.

I check with a water test kit. I'm sorry to say that he passed away last night. I feel terrible that I couldn't help.

I'm very sorry to hear that and for your loss. It sounds like there might have been something wrong that was little bit harder to pin down. and I know you did everything you could for him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back