2 new axolotl babies to add to the crew

A

AmandaLyne

IMGP9167.jpg

IMGP9164.jpg

IMGP9163.jpg

IMGP9161.jpg

They are adorable! But why is that fish in there with them? The similar size is bad news, remove it ASAP.

Cute babies! I love them :)

They are adorable! But why is that fish in there with them? The similar size is bad news, remove it ASAP.

There is one male and one female in the tank they baby axis eat their babies! Iv had axis for yrs. and never had a single problem with keeping fish with them in-fact my adult tank had a ton of guppies with my 2 full grown axis the guppies provide a midnight snack lol and the axis do population control on the guppies breeding.

They are super cute! I just got my first leucistic axie today around the same size as yours. I'm still getting pics together. :happy:

An adult tank with guppies is fine, but at that size, the fish could easily take off an entire gill. Just because it hasn't happened yet...doesn't mean it can't or won't.

Well thanks for your advice but im going to leave them in there.

Is that hot PINK sand?!!!
If it is I would LOVEEEEE to know where you got it and the brand name!:)
I dont have a Axie YET but in June i will! :)
super excited and working on getting the tank togeather. lol

Sure is!!! We got it from Rona and its sandbox sand prewashed and filtered!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back