P. Waltl tank pictures!

Vanders

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am getting a het. Lucy and Lucy next week, tank is all set up and ready to go but I need some ideas for plant placements! Could you please post pictures of your set ups? I notice there is something like this going for Axolotls for nothing for these guys! I look forward to seeing everyone's set ups!

d9a7550dba375b6400faa2d742be019d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christineb-albums-50-gallon-tank-progress-picture37095-august-2015-plants-taking-off-but-battling-algae.jpg

Not the greatest snapshot but you get the idea. :) About 50 gallons water volume, lots of plants and hiding places. I do have a few fish, snails and shrimp as clean-up crew and nobody bothers anybody else. There are three female young adult P. waltl, all about 7-8" long.

Heres the fatties.

Attachments

• 20150817_172506_resized.jpg
    20150817_172506_resized.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 685
Resurrecting this thread which I see has some old broken links; here's a current photo of my 50-gallon P. waltl planted tank. (The wood is resin but plants and moss are real.) It's been established for over 3 years and houses three females, one wild-type and two leucistic. Shown here is Gussy, a little over 8" long.

Attachments

• DSC_1002 (2).jpg
    DSC_1002 (2).jpg
    334 KB · Views: 469
Resurrecting this thread which I see has some old broken links; here's a current photo of my 50-gallon P. waltl planted tank. (The wood is resin but plants and moss are real.) It's been established for over 3 years and houses three females, one wild-type and two leucistic. Shown here is Gussy, a little over 8" long.

Hi, I was wondering what you have on the bottom of your tank. I'm trying to figure out substrate for plants at the bottom of mine. Thanks for any info, K

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back