Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Worried about shipping time frame!

Meredithmny

Reaction score
Hello All,
This is my first post here. I have been wanting Axolotls for years and have done tons of research. I have a cycled 55 gallon tank all ready and waiting for my two Juveniles to arrive. I ordered from a reputable and informative breeder (I have been following diff FB pages for awhile now) but I didn't realize she was clear across the country. I'm in Upstate NY and she is in WA state.

She used priority mail which is supposed to be 2-3 shipping, but as Monday was a holiday, she didn't get them out until Tuesday and USPS says they won't get here until Saturday! She fasts them for two days and has lots of shipping experience. They are around 3.5 inches.

I have to be at my Children's Theatre Saturday so I have my mom willing to wait here at my house lol, but will they be okay for 4 days?

Meredithmny

Reaction score
Well, I do't know if anyone is reading this lol, but they arrived safely today! Both 3 inch Juvies, 1 a freckled GFP Lucy and the other a clean Lucy. They seem TINY in my tank but I wanted juvies so I could watch them grow!

Here's hoping I can be a good first time Axolotl owner! I've managed to keep our Parrot, bunny, two dogs, baby mouse and tropical fish alive so far, so they've got a good shot lol. I did lots of research, hoping I don't have to come here with a problem but just lovely pics very soon!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!