Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Blue eye ring and new pics

C

cynthia

I have been waiting for a 20 gallon long tank to cycle so I could move my "baby" axolotls there. I got to looking at them today and decided they are not babies anymore they are nearly as long as my smallest yearling. So I dropped them all in the 40 gallon tank. So far everyone is minding their business except Echo who is always starting something. She spazzed around and made sure everyone was covered in sand.

Anyway I was looking at Doodad now that I can see him better and "he" has blue eye rings. Which photographed nicely.

39546.jpg

Doodad side view.
39547.jpg

Here is Pea and Narkezy (the black one) in the background. Pea has wimpy thin gills. I hope they become more substantial as she grows.

39548.jpg

Blingbling warning them all to stay out of her cave. She loves that thing and rarely leaves it.
39549.jpg

V

vanessa

that picture of blingbling is so cute, her colour is unusal a kind of peach. also what do the blue eye rings mean?

R

rheann

aww, how cute! Cynthia, Grimace Gargamel also has blue eyes, but because I have such a terrible camera, I can't photgraph his eyes very well. Are using a digital camera, or a regulare camera and just scanning on the pictures? The white sand really contrasts with all of them nicely, even your white axie because of the pink gills. Can you take any more pics? I just love seeing other people's axies! Such a great job on your tank
happy.gif

L

lisa

Oooh I love your tank! The little tail marks in the sand are gorgeous. Bling Bling is so pretty.
I love it when the axies "claim" part of the tank for themselves. My Gary has come to like resting her nose on my internal filter. Must like the vibrations.

H

hailz

hey Cynthia, lovely axies, i love the one of blingbling,lol
lol.gif
so cute. how old is she? how old are your "baby" axies? (not that they look it anymore
biggrin.gif
) i hope my babies turn out as healthy and good looking as yours do.I cant wait till they grow and i can see what colours they are. Are they bling bling's babies?

C

cynthia

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Vanessa - I don't know if blue eye rings mean anything...they look kind of weird to me. This is the first time I have had an axolotl that has them.

Rheann - I used a digital camera, a fugi fine pix. It's an "ok" camera but it tends to focus on the glass instead of the axolotl. I will take more pictures when they are settled down. Narkezy still hasn't ventured to the front of the tank. I want to get a good look at his face and see what color the eye rings are.

Lisa - I enjoy seeing their tracks in the sand too. When I vacuum their tank I smooth out the sand so I get "fresh tracks" lol

Hailz - Blingbling is about 1 year old now. She is pretty much ruler of the tank (or at least her cave area). They are not her babies. I got the 3 young ones from Michael Shrom a few months ago.

C

cynthia

Hailz - I had to go back and look up some posts to answer your question about how old the "baby" axolotls are.

I got them on April 17 and they were like 3 inches long. So I am guessing they were about 6 or 8 weeks old.

Their first pictures are in the gallery under the thread named "new little axolotls".

They have updated pictures at 2 months under the thread called "two months".

So they are about 5 months old.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!