Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chester Zoo Axies

C

claire

I went to Chester Zoo for a day out with all the animal care courses from my college! as soon as we got in there i ordered that we go to the aquarium part in hope of seeing some axies! i checked the board where its tells you all the animals in the aquariums and saw axolotls and i just ran passed all the other animals (poor things) and headed straight for the axies. here are some pics of them. some are out of focus but please enjoy
happy.gif

39137.jpg
39138.jpg

39139.jpg
39140.jpg

39141.jpg
39142.jpg

C

cynthia

Very nice! I love the markings on that leucistic. I have never seen one marked like that before.

C

claire

Thank you Cynthia! i had fun taking these pictures! lol. is it the markings on the leucistic in the top picture you like? it does look quite cool! the leucistic in the fourth picture looks like my axie Gus. awww bless.

C

cynthia

The one with the heavy face markings and spotted body... "I want one".

Now that you mention it the one in the 4th picture does look like Gus.... Except that Gus would be posing for the camera ~on the cat walk, on the cat walk~

J

joan

I think the heavily marked one might qualify as a piebald specimen. Very rare indeed.

C

claire

lol! Gus is such a poser! The camera loves him and he loves the camera. hehe! yeah i think it was a piebald axie coz it had the same kind of markings as the ones from my college!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1