Metamorphed Axy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello how did u morp him, we hav got an axolotl that had jumped out of his tank at night and we only noticed in the mornin and is not liking the water any more and floats at the top, so i think i am goin 2 try and morp him, if u hav any suggests please say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

there are a lot of posts about morphing axolotls. HOWEVER you cannot force an axolotl to morph. Its not safe. Please visit the sick axolotl section for help with your axolotl.

Hello how did u morp him, we hav got an axolotl that had jumped out of his tank at night and we only noticed in the mornin and is not liking the water any more and floats at the top, so i think i am goin 2 try and morp him, if u hav any suggests please say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

you cant make one morph.. yours most likely nearly died.. thats not morphing, or it wanting to morph. may i suggest a lid or.. taller tank etc. So it doesnt happen again. P.s all the emails and pm's and comments on here from lots of people saying.. ''wow, coool, i want one. tell me how to do it.'' i didnt do it. it happened. dont force or try to make it happen. it wont work. and you could kill your axy. if you dont like it for what it is......you shouldnt have got an axy :)

if you dont like it for what it is......you shouldnt have got an axy :)
Freeky is 100% correct. You should have gotten a tiger salamander, not an axolotl.

Why would you want a weak, short-lived white axolotl when you could have one of these?

file.php

Who wouldn't love that smile?

Why would you want a weak, short-lived white axolotl when you could have one of these?

file.php

Who wouldn't love that smile?

John, your photographic skills, are awesome....

how did he like being put in a white box?

John, your photographic skills, are awesome....

how did he like being put in a white box?
Thank you for the compliment. She did not like it at all and wouldn't stay still.

I agree with John and freekygeeky. You should not do it.

thanky.

john what do you think Re the soil earth eco earth etc flooring.
all the morphed axies on this thread are in water.. worried now.

I hope they are not in water. Top soil all the way, or coconut fibre if you're desperate (like Eco Earth). No water please.

hahahaha John that is an awesome picture!!! I see a greeting card....

I keep reading out morphed axy's, but out of curiosity, how do you know if they are morphing? I have absolutely no intention of morphing my axy's cause I love them as is, especially their awesome gills, but have been intrigued by this.

Hi Katemichelle,

Firstly, axolotls morphing is a rare spontaneous event. It is not the norm. Axolotls are neotenic (retaining larval features). The rare few that do morph, do so due to genetic predisposition and environmental triggers. Most axolotls will die way before they have a change to morph so do not attempt to induce this yourself.

There are behavioural and physical characteristics that herald a spontaneous morph. Behaviour wise, most morphing axies will become inappetant and may even become completely anorexic. They may try to swim to the water surface more frequently, struggle to get out of the water or cling on to floating objects to remain partially submerged.

Physically, their fins and gills will start receding, eyelids start developing and the general body shape and conformation changes. They appear more salamander like. Limbs can also become more muscular while the tail appears less 'flattened' for swimming. The skin texture might appear different and there might also be pigmentation changes.

Cheers.

Re: Metamorphed Axy...
I keep reading out morphed axy's, but out of curiosity, how do you know if they are morphing? I have absolutely no intention of morphing my axy's cause I love them as is, especially their awesome gills, but have been intrigued by this.

here you go

when i got him...watch how he changed
MrLister.jpg

gills going
IMG_6143.jpg

going more so
mrlister2.jpg

mrlster.jpg

compltlly on land
axy-2.jpg

eyes changing
axy2.jpg

done finished, this is him awhile back, he has since lost weight (over the winter, he didnt eat much) hopfully this will come back on this summer
mrLISTERTWO.jpg

mrLISTER-2.jpg

Unfortunately Gina's /Freekygeeky's Mr Lister has passed away...I will leave it for Gina to pass on any more details. But I will very much miss hearing the updates on the little guy.

Unfortunately Gina's /Freekygeeky's Mr Lister has passed away...I will leave it for Gina to pass on any more details. But I will very much miss hearing the updates on the little guy.
thankyou julia.
Thankyou everyone, i will miss giving / posting updates. But to everyone who cared and liked seeing his pics etc, thank you x

r.i.p
Mr Lister

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back