Ulcers?

2axolotls

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi.
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to write this!!!

My 2 axolotls live in a pond in the yard. I think that the water became to dirty as I had pulled out some plants and hadnt done a water change for a little while.
I went out to feed them and my "leopard lotl' wasnt where i feed them. I found her at the other end of the pond DEAD? she was dead except after a little while, while i was contemplating what to do now her front leg moved ever so slightly. We put her in a big bowl with water from my big Koi pond in it and an aerator. We covered it over from the daylight an animals. The next morning she was almost fixed. She was swimming around but wouldnt eat. Today she has like an ulcer on her mouth which looks sore....WHAT do I do? Can someone please help me?:confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back