Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org funding – Donations re-instatement

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks but I stopped accepting donations several years ago. I was sick of people thinking I was getting rich. Very annoying. Perhaps if we have a special cause I might start a gofundme page.

mr cyclone

Reaction score
John I don’t give a monkeys if your rich or not , if you wanted to charge an annual membership of say £4.99 how many active members are there? I think an annual membership would be the way forward
And even if it was starting to make money it could be poured back into the website or a newt charity?!
I love the information database on here,any idea I think about for newts I quickly cross reference the website to see if it’s already been tried

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, you're very kind. I will keep that in mind.

StJontheMormon

Reaction score
I think quietly reinstating donations would be a good idea, obviously don't go full wikipedia on us. An annually fee of $6.71 USD might scare people away, who can afford 61 cents a month? Yeah, that was sarcasm...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!