The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 12th January 2020   #1
Tjebb

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: Tjebb is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help! Axolotl not eating, doing a "throwing up" motion

So I have had Dollar for about a year and a half now. He is usually in good condition, other than a few ammonia jumps that happened in the earlier years. He hasn't eaten in a about two days, and he keeps trying to "throw up." I keep moss balls in the tank, and I am worried he decided to eat one. Does anyone have any advice? The poor guy's tail is curled at the tip, and I don't want my baby stressed!
His tank was stable when I last checked, but I will check it again and post the results as soon as I can.

Tjebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020   #2
Tinamlat

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Tinamlat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! Axolotl not eating, doing a "throwing up" motion

The moss balls were small enough that he could swallow them? Is he showing any other signs of possible impaction/ constipation?

Tinamlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Tjebb

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: Tjebb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! Axolotl not eating, doing a "throwing up" motion

He ended up getting it out of his mouth. I don’t even know how he got it, cause the only moss balls I put in there were large. He probably tore it off. Thank you for your help!

Tjebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl advice, help a member out, problem, sick