Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Aquarium fan possessed by the devil!

HelLoki

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm not sure if this is posted, and I am honestly WAY to exhausted to search anymore than I already have.

I have an aquarium fan purchased off of Amazon, and although it works AMAZINGLY! (Keeps the temps at 16°c constantly, unlike having the temp bounce up to 20, then to 15, or 10 with a water change/too many frozen bottles.)

My issue is that they rattle and whirr like crazy, and I like in a room attached to the living room that they reside in! They get dusty in days, and I'm worried about using the compressed air for computers, as (I believe) they contain chemicals and other ****. I'm also hesitant to use the large air compressor we have, as I don't want ro break it.(which is actually kinda silly as I currently wack it or blow on it like a SNES cartridge!)

I know I may be a tad over worried but I have a tendency to be a little (haha more like obsessively) protective, and cautious when it comes to any animal I have! I have had bad luck, and awful experiences with small animals, as well as my finned babies in the past.

Anyway; long story long; I hope others know what I'm talking about, and can advise me on what the fudge to do! I desperately would love to stop sleeping on the uncomfortable guest bed to avoid the horrible noise!

I'll add a photo of the type of fan!

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20181017_024934.jpg
    20181017_024934.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 300

Hayleyy

Reaction score
My fan used to do this, after I had dropped it in the aquarium haha. With mine it would eventually stop making the noise, or it I hit it just right it would stop. The tank is in my bedroom so it would get really annoying when it kept going. Can't help you much other than that.
Compressed gas is a great way to clean them, after they are unplugged. The contents of it are perfectly fine to use around humans and animals. If you're worried about anything in them check the labels and google it. I wouldn't stress over it too much. Alternatively you could try a vacuum with a small nozzle, and I don't think your air compressor will really damage it so that's worth a shot, just take it away from the tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!