07072009141.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 257
  • 07072009143.jpg
    07072009143.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 07072009144.jpg
    07072009144.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 255
Looks good! How long did it take to place the sand and by what method did you use?:happy:

I bet they are enjoying having something to walk on. Were they straight onto the glass before? My axie has got quite a few rocks to play on, but I was unsure about putting in sand. I know gravel isn't a good idea, just incase the axie swallows some, but if sand is okay then I want to get some for my little girl. I'd also like to know what method you used. Or did you remove your little family from the tank?

I love it. What tank do you have and what kind of filter are you using and about how much does it cost? Sorry for so many questions

hey dudes sorry for late reply,
yeah I took all 3 of them out and put them in my holding tank,
then I rinsed the black sand thoroughly in a bucket, until it ran clear

Then I used a huge ice cream tub to put in the gravel bit by bit, but making sure to let it settle before i lowered it below water line, so it didnt float every where.

My tank has 150L of water in it atm, and im using a 180L filter with spray bar :D
they seem to be loving it, I've since then added a couple of live plants and the gang's living it up.

Before I had this substrate, I was using bare tank floor/ big river rocks.
But I have to admit, the black sand looks ALOT better :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back