Hey guys n gals

hixxxy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, my name is Chris and i live in the Liverpool area but am currently at university at Bristol studying chemistry. I currently own no salamanders/newts/amphibians however I am looking at getting an axolotl or two.

Would anyone be able to recommend someone/somewhere I would be able to get an axolotl from (I would much rather get through a person or store rather than order online - that seems a bit odd to me).

Any help would be much appreciated.

My other interests are football and cricket; supporting Everton and Lancashire respectively. I also am a big fan of music and films.

Chris

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the UK For Sale Section, if I was you I would keep an eye on it and see if anyone close to your locaton is selling any axolotls.

Welcome to the site Chris. I did my PhD in Chemistry at the University of Bristol. I graduated in 2004.

Who did you do your PhD under at Bristol?

Tony Davis. Tell him you met me through "John Clare's newt site" - he'll get a giggle out of that.

Hello Chris, and welcome to the site! Looks like you are making friends already! :)

Have fun researching, and good luck on finding your axolotl.

Hope to see more of you around,
Critter Mom

Tony Davis as in organic Prof. Anthony Davis?
Weird that, as I am just taking a revision break from his stereochemistry + conformation unit.

The one and only. I keep in contact with him - he's one of the nicest professors going.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back