Question: Foot problems?

Spartacus

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Display Name
Sarah
After reading a lot about feet fungus, I thought I better post a picture of my leucistics feet, just to check.
He's always had wee bobble-like circle bits at the end of some toes, I just thought it was normal, hes always been that way. Now that his feet have grown, I can see that his front foot has a toe with loose skin or something hanging off it, and another foot somewhere (sorry no photo) looks like the skin has been cut off, with the bone coming out. Im not sure how long its been like this because for a long time his feet have been too small to properly see.
He also used to have one undersized leg, but it seems to have caught up. Dont know if thats relevant or not.

Can anyone tell me if this is a problem?

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00854.JPG
    DSC00854.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 313
It doesn't look like fungal or bacterial infection. Does this axie have other tank mates? The toe might have been bitten or caught on something. I am more inclined to think it should heal uneventfully. There could also be an element of overzealous regeneration.

Just make sure the water parameters, temperature and nutrition are optimum. It shouldn't require any other special intervention.

Water parameters are good, he's always had weird toes so I thought Id just get it checked. Im glad theres nothing wrong :)

I sounds like he has hurt it somewhere in his tank (or a tank he has been in before).

If so it should heal by itself but until then there is a chance of infection before that.

Until then there is nothing more you can do apart from keep him in the right water conditions (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, tempreture).

Hope it all turns out fine...
:D:D:D

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back