Hi I'm New

Iwantaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
My name is Jeremy. I am currently a junior in high school, and i live in Hawaii. Just recently i have gained a great interest in Axolotls although i dont understand that much about them. i am willing learn a lot, so i would be very pleased if anyone can share their personal knowledge about axolotls.
Unfortunately axolotls are illegal here in Hawaii =/ but in two years time i plan to move to California after i graduate. Then i would be eligible to own an axolotl. so i have a lot of time to plan the necessities i will need. if there is a lot of planning or not i hope someone will be there to help me.
Thank you for your time
p.s i really don't understand this thread stuff, especially tags. idk if im doing it right

Hi and welcome!

If you haven't done so already then you should read through all the fact sheets that are on the site and then check out the links to other sites at the top right.

All are good to read and a fantastic source of information. I think they cover most things but the forum is always here if a question pops up that is not on there.

Two years of research and you'll be an expert! Good luck.

Welcome to the forum! I am sure that after two years of planning and reading you will have most of the knowledge you will need to properly care for an axolotl. They are a very interesting creature and well worth the wait! I know that I would love to have one if I ever find them available in my neck of the woods.

I'd say that you are doing pretty good at the forum thing so far. It can be tricky to get used to, but it just takes practice. :D

Axolotls are not illegal in Hawaii, but they are illegal to own in California. If you'd like to own an axolotl, you may want to rethink moving to California.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back