Filter problems - are filters safe

eha

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
My filter is one that sticks on to the side of the tank using suction pads. recently however the suction pads have failed. I am scared to put it in now for for of the axolotls being electrocuted.

just wondering if there are any other ways of attching the filter lnto the tank that maks it still removable. also wondering if there is any chance of electrocution with filters.

thanks

The wire of it should be ok in the water? It is insulated obviously? The wire goes from plug socket to filter correct? Meaning the part of filter that is attached to wire is under water any way.. I always buy stronger pads for them not much on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back